I want to give a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has and continues to pray for me. Over the past month or so, I have felt the prayers like none other.
Not only has God been working at my school, in my community and in me - but He has and continues to be my Healer and Restorer. He is so faithful!! I'm blown away with who my God is.
After going up to Taipei for multiple tests, seeing a couple doctors and trying to figure out what was going wrong with my body -they finally gave me some answer. Basically, the Doctors said I had an imbalance in my autonomic nervous system to control blood flow. The technical term for my condition was Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. It's a crazy long name and I don't even understand all those words. :) Thankfully, it is a condition that my body has fought and will continue to get over completely.
And while my heart rate was going up, my blood pressure would drop making the whole process more difficult than it should have been. :) Since your autonomic nervous system is responsible for regulating your organs, it can take a toll on other bodily functions. Which is why I was getting severe headaches and constantly exhausted.
It's been about a month now since I figured all of this out - and I cannot tell you how much BETTER I'm doing. The Doctor's had me make some drastic diet changes, put me on some vitamins and other things. I started running everyday...which I was doing some before but not this consistently. I am SO very grateful for the prayers and in awe of a big God who has and continues to heal me. In about two weeks, I went from praying about the possibility of going back to Texas until I figured everything out to feeling almost 100% normal again and back to normal energy level. I was AMAZED. God is so good!!!
So once again, thank you to those who have prayed for me. The enemy really hates my life here and the difference Jesus makes in my kids and in the people here in Hualien. And I believe that the things I've gone through physically lately were his way of attempting to discourage me. But my God is greater. And has proven Himself faithful over and over and over again through this whole process. And I have and continue to be strengthened and stronger through it all. Which I'm so grateful for. :)
I'll post some pictures and another update about life soon. :)
<3
Priscilla

3 comments:
thanks for the update! love hearin that you are doing so much better!
Yes! we do serve an awesome God who works wonders for His glory! =)
Thanks so much for the update. =) I was wondering how things were going for you... I'm so glad you're feeling better. =)
*Hugs*
<3 Melissa
2 Corinthians 4:7
That's so good.
Post a Comment